Why your choice of cabinets has more impact than you realize
When remodeling a kitchen, cabinet design may not seem like the most important choice you’ll have to make. However, kitchen cabinets are key to tie the room together.
Since cabinets often take up a substantial amount of kitchen space, they must work in harmony with all the other elements of your kitchen. You may even want to think about choosing your cabinet design before anything else and basing the rest around that!
Cabinets: The Center of Kitchen Remodeling
Cabinets are more important than many people realize. In fact, cabinets usually account for as much as 30-35% of your overall kitchen remodel budget. Not only that, but they can be central to your kitchen design.
Cabinet design involves quite a bit of thought in relation to the rest of the kitchen. Looking at a floor plan, you’ll have to figure out what style of cabinetry, like upper cabinets or open shelving, works best in your space and fits your taste. Cabinets need to be specially constructed and leveled to fit your kitchen, so designers advise placing them first and then building everything else.
Collaborating on Design Choices
When choosing kitchen cabinets, it is helpful to work with a cabinet designer. Make sure to hire one you can trust by asking questions such as:
- Do you have photos of your work on past projects?
- What cabinet trends and style options should I consider?
- What is the estimated timeline and budget to design the cabinets?
- Do you offer a cabinet warranty?
From cabinet material to shape and door styles, cabinet designers know what will work best for you. A cabinet designer will also keep track of trends, and so will know what’s “in” right now. They’ll work with you to design the kitchen of your dreams.
Given the prominence of cabinets and the importance of choosing their look and fit early in your kitchen remodeling journey, hiring a cabinet designer who understands your vision is an excellent first step.
Choosing The Best Cabinet Style for You
There are so many cabinet styles to choose from, including:
- Flat-front cabinets: The flat front makes for a chic minimalist appearance and easy cleaning. Add visual interest by painting them or affixing quirky handles.
- Natural wood cabinets: These lightly varnished wooden cabinets lend a rustic cottage look to your kitchen. In addition to being the cheapest option, you can finish or paint the doors if your tastes change.
- Glass-front cabinets: Add depth, reflect light, and display your China with glass-front cabinets.
Cabinets are the centerpiece of any kitchen remodel. Take time when selecting your design to create the kitchen of your dreams.
Trust Reliance Cabinetry for Your Cabinet Needs
The experts here at Reliance Cabinetry are here to help you choose and install cabinets that fit your vision of the perfect kitchen. We know cabinet design inside and out, and we customize our service to meet each customer’s needs.
Call Reliance Cabinetry at (912) 785-8508 to learn how we can help you with your kitchen remodel in Richmond Hill, GA!